American Apple Midnight Pie
- 3 1/2 Cups Flour
- 1/3 Cup Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon McCormick Apple Pie Spice
- 2 1/2 Sticks Cold Butter
- 1/2 Cup Crisco Butter Flavor
- 1 Tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/3 Cup Cold Water
- 1 Egg
Pie Spice Filling
- 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 Cup White Sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/8 Teaspoon Freshly Grated Nutmeg
- Pinch Salt
- 2 Tablespoon Instant Tapioca
- 1 Tablespoon Cornstarch
- 1 Tablespoon Flour
Pie Fruit Filling
- 6 Baking Apples Fuji, McIntosh, Granny Smith
- 1 - 2 Tablespoon Lime or Lemon Juice
- 1 Cup Blackberries
- 1 Cup Blueberries
- 1/2 Cup White Sugar
Temperature: 350 ° F
- Place in Food processor 3 ½ cups flour, 1/3 cup sugar, 1 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon McCormick Apple Pie spice. Blend them.
- Add 1 stick diced cold butter and process until combined. Add 1 ½ sticks unsalted diced and cold butter and pulse to combine.
- Add ½ cup Crisco butter flavor and pulse until resembles coarse meal. Add 1 tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar. Gradually add 1/3 cup cold water and pulse food processor until combined. Turn out dough on a floured surface and shape a 1 inch desk and refrigerate until cool.
- Mix the Pie filling spices in a bowl and set aside. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Slice apples in a separate bowl. Periodically sprinkle Lime or Lemon juice to prevent browning. Mix with ½ pie spices and place on cookie sheet and place in preheating oven for 10 minutes. Mix ½ cup White sugar, Blackberries and Blueberries in separate bowl.
- Remove cookie sheet of apples from oven and place in a bowl. Combine other ½ Pie Spice filling. Combine Blackberries and Blueberries bowl and set aside.
- Remove pie crust from refrigerator. Roll out ½ of dough for Pie Crust bottom in a Pie Dish. Keep other half cool.
- Place Bowl of Pie Fruit Filling in Pie dish. Slice ½ Stick unsalted butter spaced out on Fruit Filling.
Product Used: Emile Henry Pie Dish