Aubergine and Tomato Gratin
- 5 aubergines
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 garlic cloves
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tomatoes
- 4 1/2 ounces grated Parmesan
- fine salt
- freshly ground pepper
Temperature: 400 ° F
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees (gas mark 6-7)
- Aubergine caviar: Wash the aubergines, place them in a dish and cook in the oven for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and leave to rest for 5 minutes. Cut them in half lengthwise and using a spoon, dig out the flesh. Place this in a blender. Add the oregano and crushed garlic and blend to obtain a smooth, creamy pulp.
- While continuing to blend, gradually pour in the olive oil. Check the seasoning.
- Remove the skins of the tomatoes by placing them in boiling water for 1 minute, then in iced water immediately afterwards.Remove the skin with the point of a knife. Then cut into very fine slices.
- Spread the caviar over the bottom of the dish. Place the tomato rounds on top, overlapping them. Sprinkle the parmesan over the entire surface. Cook for 15 minutes in the oven preheated to 400 degrees (gas mark 6-7).
Product Used: Emily Henry Rectangular Baking Dish