Christmas Snowman Cake Pops
- 1 box Betty Crocker™ SuperMoist™
cake mix (any flavor)
- Water, vegetable oil and eggs called
for on cake mix box
- 1 cup Betty Crocker™ Rich & Creamy
frosting (any non-chip, no-nut flavor)
- Waxed paper
Cookie sheets3 bags
(12 oz each)
- White candy coating
- Paper lollipop sticks
Orange candy-coated sunflower seeds
1 bag (12 oz) blue candy coating
- White sanding sugar
- Black edible pen
- Blue mini candy-coated power mint candies
- Pink confetti sprinkles
- Black confetti sprinkles
- Jumbo snowflake sprinkles
- Block of white plastic craft foam
Product Used: Lekue Cake Pop Mould or Lekue Plastic Sticks
- Make and bake cake mix as directed on box for 13x9-inch pan. Cool completely; crumble into a large bowl.
- With a large spoon, thoroughly mix cake and frosting.
- Roll mixture into quarter-size cake balls, and place on a waxed paper-covered cookie sheet. Place cake balls in the freezer for about 15 minutes to firm up. You can then transfer them to the refrigerator to keep chilled and avoid freezing.
- Place white candy coating in microwavable bowl so that the coating is at least three to four inches deep. Melt uncovered in the microwave in 30-second intervals on Low, stirring in between. Repeat until melted and smooth.
- Remove a couple of cake balls from the refrigerator at a time. Dip the tip of a lollipop stick into the melted coating, and insert into a cake ball no more than halfway through. Dip and remove the cake pop in one motion without stirring. Make sure the entire cake ball is covered. If your coating is too thick, you can add a little vegetable oil to help thin it and make it easier to work with.
- Remove and gently tap off any excess coating to fall off the pop and back into the bowl. Before the coating sets, gently press an orange candy-coated sunflower seed in position for a nose. Place in craft foam to dry.
- You can get creative with placement of candy and sprinkles for fun expressions and details. Here are a few ideas.
- For sock caps, dip white cake pops at an angle into melted blue candy coating and sprinkle with white sanding sugar while the coating is still wet. When dry, dot on more blue candy coating with a toothpick, and sprinkle with more sanding sugar. Use the toothpick to gently make indentations on the brim of the cap. Alternatively, you can use a toothpick to apply white candy coating for a white brim, and sprinkle with white sanding sugar.
- You can draw on eyes and mouths with a black edible pen and use various sprinkles and add-ons to give your snowmen character. Dot on a small amount of coating to attach blue mini candy-coated power mint candies for earmuffs and pink confetti sprinkles for rosy cheeks. Coal eyes and mouths can also be achieved by using black confetti sprinkles. And jumbo snowflake sprinkles are like the icing on the cake pop for these snowmen. Use them to adorn their cute little hats. Let dry completely, and enjoy!