Grand Marnier Soufflé
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 1/4 oz caster sugar
- zest of 1/2 orange
- 2 egg whites
- 2 sponge fingers (or 3/4 oz sponge cake)
- 2 teaspoons Grand Marnier
Temperature: 320 ° F
- Whisk together 1 egg yolk with 35g (1 1/4 oz) of caster sugar and the zests of 1/2 an orange. In a separate bowl, whisk 2 egg whites until they form soft peaks, and then add 35g (1 1/4 oz) of caster sugar in order to obtain a smooth meringue mixture.
- Add the egg whites to the yolk. Cut 2 sponge fingers (or 20g (3/4 oz) sponge cake) into small squares and soak them in 2 teaspoons of Grand Marnier, then place them in the bottom of the appetizer dishes.
- For over the soufflé mixture then cook for 6 mins at 160°C / 320°F (gas mark 4). Sprinkle with icing sugar and serve immediately.