Glazed Sweet Cherry Pie with Almonds
- 1 Crisco classic double pastry crust
- Filling: 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp tapioca
- 1 16oz. of frozen unsweetened dark sweet cherries
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds, divided
- 1 21oz. can cherry pie filling, drained
- Glaze: 1/4 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp milk
Temperature: 375 ° F
In a bowl, stir together the sugar, cornstarch, tapioca, sweet cherries, and vanilla. Line the 9 inch pie dish with pastry.Sprinkle in 1/2 cup of almonds. Spoon the sweet cherry mix over the almonds.
- Spoon the drained cherry pie filling over the sweet cherries. Cover with a top of crust, flute edges, cover crust rim with foil strips. Bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for 45 minutes until browned.
- Make the glaze. Drizzle over the pie. Sprinkle remaining almonds and let it cool completely before slicing.
Product Used: Emile Henry Pie Dish