Poached Egg On Toast
- 1 large egg
- Freshly milled black pepper
- 3 small asparagus spears, chopped plus two for garnishing
- 1 slice thick smoked bacon chopped into lardons
- 1/2 tomato
- 1 mushroom
- 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 30g cheddar cheese
- 1 slice of buttered toast, crusts removed
- Place the bacon lardons into the OVO and cook in the microwave at 800W with the lid on for 1 minute.
- Take out of the microwave and add the mushrooms, asparagus, tomato, and the Worcestershire sauce and return to the microwave and cook for a further 1 minute.
- Take back out of the microwave, and carefully add the egg and season with a little pepper and place on the lid.
- Return to the microwave and cook for just 20 seconds at 800W , carefully lift off the lid of the OVO and then put it back on again and continue to cook for a further 30 seconds at the same power.
- Sprinkle on half of the cheese and replace the lid and let it rest for 1 minute.
- Serve on the buttered toast, sprinkle over the remaining cheese and top with some asparagus tips.
Product Used: Lekue Egg Steamer Translucent