Balsamic Onion Olive Pizza
- 1-2 Tbsp cornmeal1
- lb. prepared pizza dough
- 1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes, well drained
- 1 cup shredded Italian cheese blend
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup sliced California Ripe Olives
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 oz. arugula
- Preheat Emile Henry pizza stone in a 550 degrees F oven or covered grill.
- Sprinkle pizza peel generously with cornmeal. Roll and stretch pizza dough on a well-floured surface into a 14-inch circle and place onto pizza peel. Top evenly with tomatoes, cheese, onions and ripe olives. Slide onto Emile Henry Pizza Stone and bake for 10-15 minutes until crisp and bubbly. Carefully remove from oven or grill and place on cutting board or trivet.
- While pizza is cooking, heat vinegar in a small saucepan over medium-low heat until reduced by half and syrupy. Drizzle over cooked pizza and sprinkle with arugula. Cut and serve hot. Makes 1 (14-inch) pizza.